Why choose toxicology: Toxicology testing can performed if you are concerned about drug overdose, use of illegal substances and for a variety of reasons. Talk to the Autopsy Center about your concerns and questions.
What is done: Toxicology testing consists of
- Retrieval of a sample of blood
- Laboratory testing of the blood sample for multiple common medications and drugs of abuse
- Retrieval of other fluids or tissue for toxicology testing can also be performed
- Testing for specific drugs can also often be performed
- Retrieval of remaining hospital blood samples can also sometimes be coordinated
Please call us at 1-855-8-AUTOPSY to see how we can help.